Being from the Southwest, Guacamole is one of my most favorite dips. However I have an allergy to onions so I had to find a way to make the dip for myself without using onions. This is pretty quick and simple and doesnt require a bunch of ingredients.
- 6 – Whole Avocadoes
- 1 – Can Rotel Original
- .5 tsp – 1 tsp – Garlic Salt
- 1 tbsp – Lemon Juice
- Tapatilo Hot Sauce Add to your liking
- First cut the avocadoes in half and remove the pits, you can set them aside for later to grow your own.
- Next remove the skin from the avocadoes.
- Now put all of the avocadoes in a bowl and using a potato masher, squish them up pretty good but not too much or the dip will be real runny, you want some chunks in there.
- Add the lemon and garlic salt and mix it in.
- Spoon out the Rotel Tomatoes into the mix
- Add about half of the remaining juice from the Rotel and mix it up again.
- This is a good point to test the heat in the guacamole. If the Rotel is enough now, leave it alone, it will be hotter tomorrow
- If you are like me and like some spice, add the Tapatio sauce until the desired heat is achieved.
- Its best to cover with some plastic wrap and let it sit for at least an hour to let the flavors mix together, that is if you can stand not eating it right now.
- Serve with Chips, on Tacos, or eat it by the spoon full.