Delectabite Pecan Cookies
Pecan Cookies; Delectabites These cookies are one of my favorites. They are not overly sweet and bite-sized.
- 1 cup butter softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ – 1 cup pecans ground or finely chopped
- 2 – 4 teaspoons cold water if needed
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add vanilla and flour; mix well. Add pecans and blend thoroughly. Dough will be crumbly. Chill dough.
- If needed, add cold water add water, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, to dough. Using hands, blend water into dough until mixture comes together and will hold its shape. Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into roughly 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until edges are slightly brown. Remove cookies immediately from cookie sheet to waxed paper or plate. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and cool.