Coconut Macaroon cookies, perfect for Christmas gifts and more.
Servings: 4 dozen
- 14 ounces sweetened shredded coconut
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 ea egg white
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or foil. If using foil, spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut, condensed milk, vanilla and almond extracts; mix well.
- In another bowl, beat the egg white to stiff peaks. Lighten the coconut mixture by adding a scoop of the beaten egg white and mixing well. Gently fold remaining egg white into coconut mixture.
- Drop the batter by rounded teaspoons onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, until lightly browned around edges. Immediately remove from baking sheets to wire rack. Cool and serve. Makes about 4 dozen cookies, depending on size.