Brown Eyed Susans
This is my modified recipe of Susans. Susans are really good cookies so I thought,” Why not make this recipie better by adding the chocolate brown eyes!” They taste awesome times infinity!
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1-2 teaspoons water or milk optional
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Grease cookie sheet.
- Cream butter. Add sugar, almond extract, flour and salt. The dough will be crumbly at this point. Refrigerate the dough for about an hour. Or if you don’t want to wait, you can add a little bit of milk or water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until the dough comes together more. You should be able to roll it into a ball and it will hold together.
- Roll tablespoons of the dough into balls. Place on greased cookie sheet and flatten slightly. Bake at 300 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Be careful not to overbake them.
- When the cookies come out of the oven, place 3 chocolate chips on the top center of the cookie. Be careful not to push the chocolate chips to far through the cookie, just lightly press down on the chocolate chips. ( If you want to spread out or add more chocolate chips you can… get creative with it.) Cool on cookie sheet for about 1 minute, then remove them to a cooling rack to finish cooling.